Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Courtesy begins with me

Letter from Ash

I REFER to “Goodbye, Singa the Lion” (March 31), and want to congratulate Mr V Kumar and Mr Clement Wong for staging the mock wake.

I remember when I was younger, my teachers would hand out Singa badges for any little acts of kindness that they witnessed. I was the proud recipient of a metal Singa badge when I helped a classmate clear her lunch tray and it made me more conscious of other acts of kindness that I could carry out.

Nowadays , I am less inclined to be kind. Even more so when I am at the receiving end of unkind acts.

So, well done, for making me remember cute little Singa. I will try to “revitalise” my initiative to be kind, because after all, courtesy begins with me, and if I want others to be kind, I need to practise what I preach too.

From TODAY, Voices
Thursday, 02-April-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment