Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Mosley eager to face Filipino Pacquiao

Time is GMT + 8 hours

Posted: 30-May-2009 13:29 hrs

090530-1329hrs The Philippines' Manny Pacquiao celebrates his victory over England's Ricky Hatton in Las Vegas on May 2. World Boxing Association welterweight champion Shane Mosley says he is eager to fight the Filipino superstar and is willing to change weight classes to do it.

World Boxing Association welterweight champion Shane Mosley says he is eager to fight Philippines superstar Manny Pacquiao and is willing to change weight classes to do it.

Mosley, the WBA's 147-pound champ, is hopeful he and Pacquiao can come to a compromise on an ideal weight (or catch weight) to make the fight happen.

"There are conflicting reports from the Pacquiao camp an upcoming fight between me and Manny Pacquiao," Mosley said.

"I want it to be known that I want to fight Pacquiao and I want to fight him now. I'm willing to meet at a catch weight to make that happen.

"I know this is what Freddie Roach wants as well. I am the best fighter in boxing and I am ready to reclaim the title of number one pound-for-pound fighter."

In his last fight, Mosley pounded Antonio Margartio in January, registering a ninth-round knockout.

Pacquiao, considered the top pound-for-pound fighter in the world, is coming off a second-round knockout of Ricky Hatton in May. — AFP

From TODAYOnline.com; see the source article here.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment