Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Be courteous, don't forget the magic words

Letter from Arthur Lim


I REFER to Mr Joseph Wong’s “Efficiency’s a drag” (March 30).

I have come across both Singaporeans and visitors here, who after asking for assistance such as the way to a particular destination, simply walk away as if I owed them an answer to their queries.

I have on several occasions called the person back to ask, “Did you forget something?” to the astonishment of that individual.

After looking confused for a minute or two, I would then say “You forgot to say ‘thank you’”.

The person would then thank me, embarrassed.

Courtesy is a two way street, if you want and expect the other party to be courteous, you must be likewise.

From TODAY, Voices
Tuesday, 31-March-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment